Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: InSSIDer for iPhone

In the land down under Apple has lost its shine
    Android has taken over in sales of both phones
    and tablets.
    Android is the way to go

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Cableguy955 View Post
    Have there been any new developments to this thread? I am looking to use inSSIDer on either an iphone or ipad, prefferably the ipad and have hit brick walls everywhere. Would be willing to pay for this to use in a commercial environment
    Agreed. I would love to have inSSIDer on the iPad; there is nothing out there now. Any reason someone has not done this yet?

Thx!

There are no WiFi scanning apps for iOS because Apple doesn't give developers access to the WiFi APIs. There used to be some private APIs that could be used on jailbroken iOS, but iOS 5 broke them.

I'm using an WIFI Analyzer downloaded from Cydia and its relay great program it has capabil to connect on wifi network form inside of progam and has sensitivity of wifi to -94dBm . I manage to connect with it to my wifi connection point on 1km.
    It coast 1.99$ but its worth every peny !
    O yes and my iOS is on 5.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by munge83 View Post
    O yes and my iOS is on 5.1.1
    Jailbroken, of course....

Default iPad hardware Spectrum Analyzer

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    There are no WiFi scanning apps for iOS because Apple doesn't give developers access to the WiFi APIs. There used to be some private APIs that could be used on jailbroken iOS, but iOS 5 broke them.
    yes - but why not go for a solution similar to Oscium?

For the love of God please create this APP for Iphone's i comes in handy when at work for starters as i work in a school, trying to locate kids who have " Portable Hotspots" which id against the Policy walking around with my boss' Galaxy S3 is cool because its so easy to trace the origin of the hotspot through the graphs. My iphone 5 has bad enough WiFi as is because Apple is always looking for ways to make $$ so having this to aid me would be so much appreciated

Apple has blocked WiFi scanning on iOS 5 and above. Until Apple removes the block, there will be no apps such as inSSIDer that can run on iOS devices. The work around is to get an Android device.

Quote Originally Posted by ua549 View Post
    The work around is to get an Android device.
    Coolest workaround ever! /troll

But seriously, ua549 is right. We don't get direct access to the wireless card, so we can't do Wi-Fi scanning. inSSIDer for Android is free, and runs great on both the Nexus 7 ($200) and Nexus 4 ($300, no cell contract). We'd love to bring inSSIDer to iOS, but we just can't.
    Joel
    MetaGeek Training and Support

What a waste of money apple products are then, the only reason for them doing so is probably jsut to make another buck from companys who like the idea of not having their internet pinged