Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting statistical data from GPX/ KML file (WPA, WEP, None)

Default Getting statistical data from GPX/ KML file (WPA, WEP, None)

Just got back from my first war drive session and I had a question. I am doing this for a school project and I need a way to get statistics on my session (number of unencrypted AP's, number of WPA2 AP's ect...) I used InSSIDer and I have the GPX file and KML file and I tried looking online for the answer but I could not find anything. If anyone had a way of doing this I would really appreciate it.

I just threw together a program to do this.
    Screenshot:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GPXStats2.png 
Views:	694 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	423
    You drag your GPX file(s) on the drop zone, and it will compute the security statistics of the access points in the file(s).

P.S. The executable doesn't have an icon.

Attached Files Attached Files

Default Yesssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are the freaking man! That is AWESOME. I'm so glad you made this because I was about an hour away from just counting them individually which would have taken hours. Thank you so much dude. A+++++

You're welcome. Programming, it's what I do.

I'm currently writing a paper for a coference and I have to agree - AWESOME. One attribute I do need is the number of APs on each channel - any chance of adding that feature?

Here you go!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank for taking the time to whip these up, found them to be very useful.

Smile

Hey!

I'm currently working on a project where I have to wardrive around a city on a bus, and see what type of encryption is used on the WiFi networks and APs! It would also be good to have an idea about how many networks have changed their SSID from the default ones.. Is a program that allows me to do this from a .gpx file possible? If so, you would have my eternal thanks And ofcourse, a mentioning in the Introduction of my report!

Edit: Also, I noticed that the application mentioned above doesn't quite account for all the APs? I remember having discovered 1692 APs, but the application only shows 1443.. Could this be because I had duplicate APs in my file? Because the bus circles the CBD some APs are bound to be located twice or more..

Edit2: ..or better yet, can it be written to show all the tabs that inSSIDer has? So I can choose for myself which ones to use and not? Sorry for editing so much!

Thanks in advance
    Pihraija
    Last edited by Pihraija; 07-29-2011 at 07:32 AM.

Hey!

This program crashes on me as soon as I drag a gpx file into it. Has anybody else had this problem? Any fixes?

Thanks,
    J

Hi J,

both programs work just fine for me.

What OS are you running under?

cheers