Thread: inSSIDer feature request

Default inSSIDer feature request

This tool is fantastic, thanks! Only one suggestion: On the graphs at the bottom, as routers go in and out of range, the default data setting is zero (0) which makes their graph jump to the top. Could you change the "null" value to -100 so that they flatten out at the bottom of the graph vs glitch out and go to the top? Other than that, this is the perfect tool - thanks again! -dg

As far as I can tell, the jumping to 0 is not inSSIDer's doing. It seems to be certain WiFi adapters report 0 RSSI, so that's what inSSIDer displays. I think we can fix it though.

Is is possible to include a histogram chart?
    so user can see over a time period which site can provide the most stable or strongest signal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    As far as I can tell, the jumping to 0 is not inSSIDer's doing. It seems to be certain WiFi adapters report 0 RSSI, so that's what inSSIDer displays. I think we can fix it though.
    Tyler! fix it plz! in my case default value is -10db, maybe it's device-dependent (and if there is no way to obtain current default value - it might be worth to add a selection menu in options?)

Default inSSIDer WPS feature request

is it possible to add a WPS column to show wherher support WPS

Quote Originally Posted by msenoz View Post
    is it possible to add a WPS column to show wherher support WPS
    This would be a nice feature!

Lately I've been using inssider to monitor wireless coverage in my property and find it a great tool.

But I think this feature would be really good, since WPS can be attacked quite easily thanks to a well known tool, and it makes sense to know if you forgot to disable WPS in an access point or even if that AP can't have WPS disabled, like for instance those pesky Cisco routers that have to be "upgraded" to dd-wrt or openwrt so you can disable it.