Thread: 5G Interference

Default 5G Interference

Hi All,

We have an issue where some users get logged in straight away and number of users wait for 10 minutes to login. After scanning the network we noticed that everyone is on one channel and all other channels have these thin blue lines (as shown in photo)

Does anyone know what that is? Next door there is a theater and they use wireless equipment (microphones etc)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5G Channels.png 
Views:	280 
Size:	184.1 KB 
ID:	563

Thank you in advance

Hello Ajkula,

The blue lines there are actually quite normal. They occur usually between 90 and 100 dBm in the 5ghz band which is not a very strong signal. It's basically just weak, random noise that will always occur at those points, but doesn't have any affect as far as interference goes. So, it is common and nothing to worry about.

I've been wondering what this is, as well. Radar?

Well the lines are probably in this case an artifact from the USB Spectrum Analyzer. if the range between lines is about 12 MHz then is is just interference inside the WiSpy itself.. IF however there is not a pattern then it could be something else..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Artifacts.jpg 
Views:	411 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	566

Please see pic above and links:

Look down the post to the 3rd entry..I describe how I DID find MLS radar with the picture shown, however, all the little "lines" are infact artifacts.
    http://www.metageek.net/forums/showt...3427#post13427

Oxygen
    Last edited by oxygen69; 12-10-2011 at 03:13 AM.

Thank you all for your input