Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About the source code of the inSSIDer

Default About the source code of the inSSIDer

Dear Sir,

I have download the inSSIDer 's source code.

I builded the project in VS 2010.

The ManagedWifi project depended on the "metageek.diagnostics ".

So I cannot build it success.

Can you help me ?

Ai Haojun

I'm having the same problem. Is there a download for this, or is the code yet to be posted to Github?

Hey guys,

Yea, I have been having the same issue and have been talking with our developers that work on putting out the source code. It should be fixed relatively soon.

Stephen

Thanks. Also, is there any plan to put any source code into inSSIDer-2-Cross-Platform? At the moment it just has installers, which seems a bit pointless.

I do believe one of our programming interns was working on that on his own time, but there is a lot to be done with our other products right now (especially with the passed launch of Eye P.A.) that I think he's been pretty busy with those.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Hey guys,
    Yea, I have been having the same issue and have been talking with our developers that work on putting out the source code. It should be fixed relatively soon.
    Stephen
    hi Stephen

any update on this ? i urgently need to build inssider to debug what's coming out of the NDIS layer, people blaming APs for signal fluctuations when i suspect it's at the driver layer. There are multiple problems with what is coming off github, including:

>> empty IoctlNdis and ManagedWifi directories (they are visible on the github webpage, but not in the zip or clone)
    >> as reported in this thread, missing MetaGeek.Diagnostics

regards
    -jeff

jgoff and Allen,

Yea, I was actually able to get 2.1 to build. Basically, the issue was that ManagedWifi was taken out into another branch and when it was pushed back, the reference to the MetaGeek.Diagnostics.dll was removed (not sure why). So, just open up the solution file in visio and manually add the reference to ManagedWifi.

Just right click the ManagedWifi file and click add reference. Then browse for the MetaGekk.Diagnostics.dll in the lib folder and rebuild the solution. This should get inSSIDer 2.1 to build. Let me know if you get it up and running.

Stephen
    Last edited by Stephen; 05-07-2012 at 02:14 PM.

hi Stephen
    thanks. It would seem IoctlNDIS and ManagedWifi are sitting above inssider in GIT and just had to download them separately.

In regards to the diagnostic, in the end I just removed all the Diagnostic code references rather than adding it back - can't see what they do anyways Any reason why the code for Metageek.Diagnostics code has been removed from the solution?

thanks
    -jeff

Since inSSIDer is open source, there's always the chance that someone takes inSSIDer out into another branch, forgets to add things back in, and pushes the branch back. But now that we've found out that it's missing we've fixed it

Unhappy

Hello everybody. Is the first time I'm writing here. I'm trying to compiling the source code of inSSIDer. but unfortunately even adding the reference of MetaGeek and all the missing file i can't. If somebody has been able to compile it. Is there any chance to forward it to me on my email?please my mail is c.giordan51@gmail.com. I really really need this software because it is able to analize multiple network signal in c# even really fast. Thanks everybody. bye
    EDIT: The problem looks like that visual studio can't add that reference. but all other yes..
    Last edited by d.giordan; 05-28-2012 at 04:14 PM.