Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: inSSIDer for Android

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Once the survey is complete, click stop and it will give you a grade for the best channel for your network.
    Since there is no "stop" button in the Andro´d version, how can we get the "grade for the best channel" ?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Are the any plans to add logging to the Android version or a way to export the data being captured so it can be further analyzed?
    Hi SteveB, not at this time.

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolRaoul View Post
    Since there is no "stop" button in the Andro´d version, how can we get the "grade for the best channel" ?
    Hi CoolRaoul, no stop button needed! When you are ready to begin, hit "Restart," and take a look at the results when you are done.
    Joel
    MetaGeek Training and Support

  3. #23

    Question Channels 12 & 13

    I downloaded inSSIDer 1.1.62 from Play Store today but I don't see channels 12 & 13 in the "Channels" tab.

    Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S2 on 4.0.4 and I am using those channels all the time. On the "2.4 GHz" tab I can even see networks on those channels but they are obviously not considered to calculate the channel rating.

    Am I missing something or is the option just not there?
    Last edited by wavelan; 02-17-2013 at 05:48 AM. Reason: typos

  4. #24

    Default

    I just noticed I even in the "Networks" tab I can see channels on 12 & 13. It seems to be just the "Channels" tab and thus the calculation of channel usage that is affected.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wavelan View Post
    I downloaded inSSIDer 1.1.62 from Play Store today but I don't see channels 12 & 13 in the "Channels" tab.

    Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S2 on 4.0.4 and I am using those channels all the time. On the "2.4 GHz" tab I can even see networks on those channels but they are obviously not considered to calculate the channel rating.

    Am I missing something or is the option just not there?
    Hi WaveLan,

    We show them in the 2.4GHz tab, but not in the channels tab, since the upper channels aren't available for use in the United States. If you are in Europe or Japan, you *should* see the channels tab factor the upper channels in (don't quote me on that, I'd have to talk to the developers to be sure).
    Joel
    MetaGeek Training and Support

  6. #26

    Default

    Hi Joel,

    thanks for the reply.
    I am in fact in Europe and Android system language is set to "English (United Kingdom)".
    Since I am using channel 13 all the time the WiFi-locale in my device must be set correctly as well.

  7. #27

    Default Stop button

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Hi SteveB, not at this time.



    Hi CoolRaoul, no stop button needed! When you are ready to begin, hit "Restart," and take a look at the results when you are done.
    As a newcomer (and someone who finds inSSIDER very useful), I have to regretfully disagree. The Stop button is required because it tells the operator to use it in the instructions, which are part of the download. I've just spent a frustrating half hour trying to find out where I've been going wrong.

  8. #28

    Default

    Joel,
    did you hear back from the devs yet?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wavelan View Post
    Joel,
    did you hear back from the devs yet?
    Yes, I did on Friday! Turns out I was completely wrong about how inSSIDER handles different locations.

    In short, it doesn't. The three non-overlapping channels in the US are 1, 6, and 11. In Europe, the non-overlapping are 1, 5, 9, and 13. The problem is that even in Europe, most SOHO routers and access points ship with a default channel of 1-11, which upsets the European channel system, which is very unfortunate! Because of that, we decided to leave channels 12-13 out of the channels tab.
    Joel
    MetaGeek Training and Support

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Yes, I did on Friday! Turns out I was completely wrong about how inSSIDER handles different locations.

    In short, it doesn't. The three non-overlapping channels in the US are 1, 6, and 11. In Europe, the non-overlapping are 1, 5, 9, and 13. The problem is that even in Europe, most SOHO routers and access points ship with a default channel of 1-11, which upsets the European channel system, which is very unfortunate! Because of that, we decided to leave channels 12-13 out of the channels tab.
    Thank you for getting back to me on this.

    Although, because of this Mordac-style design decision, inSSIDer is of no immediate use to me, please thank your developers for keeping the clueless majority of users off "my" channel 13 which I will happily use in future installations.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •