Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: inSSIDer 3 for Home

Default inSSIDer 3 for Home

inSSIDer 3 for Home is live! Many thanks to our beta testers for providing feedback throughout the development process!

To learn more about inSSIDer 3 for Home, and for a download link, visit this page: http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

If you have any questions about it, but sure to let us know!
    Joel
    MetaGeek Training and Support

inSSIDer 3.05.80 for Windows still attempts to open (url removed by request) with Internet Explorer even though IE is not the default browser. The url does not seem to be valid in any case.

Windows 7 SP1 & Mozilla Firefox 19.0.2.
    Last edited by ua549; 03-25-2013 at 12:02 PM.

Default Single Frequency adapters

If my machine has only a 2.4 GHz adapter, will the 5 GHz window still appear?

Even if a 5 GHz window appeared, it would be empty because 5 GHz signals can't be detected using a 2.4 GHz only adapter.
    Old Mod by the Sea

A quick question re the Link Score; at one point, on the HOME tag on the LEARN page it says the lower the link score the better, but in the User Guide tag it says the Higher the score the better.
    By placing my router in different positions in the house, I get scores ranging from 41 up to 83, despite the signal strenght remaining pretty much the same. HELP????

The greater the link score the better. One can see this by comparing the link score to the signal strength.
    Old Mod by the Sea

Quote Originally Posted by rgraber View Post
    If my machine has only a 2.4 GHz adapter, will the 5 GHz window still appear?
    Yes, it will. If you want some more space, click View > 2.4 GHz Band.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Both Bands.png 
Views:	290 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	869

Quote Originally Posted by rangykoo View Post
    ...on the HOME tag on the LEARN page it says the lower the link score the better, but in the User Guide tag it says the Higher the score the better.
    Fixed that! Sorry about the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by ua549 View Post
    The greater the link score the better. One can see this by comparing the link score to the signal strength.
    Correct!
    Joel
    MetaGeek Training and Support

inSSIDer v3.0.5.80 regularly spikes the CPU at 46% in my system (Win7 Ultimate 32bit, old PC with a Pentium P4 Northwood CPU @2.4 Ghz and 2 Gb RAM). On the contrary, inSSIDer v2.1.6.1394 never exceeded 4% CPU utilization and ran aboslutely smoothly and hardly perceptible. I had it loaded all the time. There's definitely something not right with v3.0.5.80, for I don't see why it needs to hog the CPU like it does. For the time being I uninstalled v3.0.5.80 and re-installed v2.1.6.1394 until a future 3.x.x.x version does not hog the CPU that much.

On my 2 GHz notebook with 4 GB memory and Quadro NVS 110 graphics running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CPU utilization never exceeds 12% and averages about 5% (see screen shot). What graphics card do you have?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CPU.png 
Views:	255 
Size:	361.8 KB 
ID:	874  
    Old Mod by the Sea

[QUOTE=What graphics card do you have?[/QUOTE]

The graphics card is an ancient NVIDIA GeForce2 MX400. But I'd think this is a mute point, for, as I've already mentioned above, the previous inSSIDer v2.1.6.1394 run absolutely lightly on this same (admittedly, very old) PC. Why would the new version have to run differently, esp. as it essentially does the same job (save for the cosmetic interface differences)?