Chanalyzer 4 (Basic) Release Notes
- Added new DBx firmware (ver. 0201) that contains updates for better Visiwave site survey integration. Upon updating the firmware, Windows may prompt you to restart your computer. It is not necessary to restart, you can just click “Restart Later” to dismiss this dialog.
- Added Network Filters to NETWORKS TABLE tab (Filter on SSID, Vendor, Channel, Network Type, Security) to help users reduce the amount of available network information that appears within the application for more focused use.
- To change the settings of a Wi-Spy recording, now click on WI-SPY in the menu bar instead of CONFIG.
- To select a Wireless Card or Adapter, now click on WI-FI in the menu bar instead of WLAN ADAPTER. Once a Wi-Fi adapter is selected, it is saved as a persistent setting.
- Added footer bar to display the active Wi-Fi adapter and all connected Wi-Spy devices.
- Added an automatic Wi-Fi Scan interval that scans as fast as your wireless card will allow. This replaces the FILE / Preferences option from previous versions.
- Added a “Would you like to save this capture before exiting Chanalyzer?” prompt upon exit of the application. This can be disabled both from within the prompt and from the FILE menu.
- Changed UI text and number color from green to gray.
- Updated the DETAILS pane tab icons.
- Fixed the display of Bonded Channels in Channel Column and Density View.
- In the DETAILS pane, the Networks Table and Networks Graph tabs no longer will show an erroneous “0″ spike in RSSI values.
- Overlapping signatures are now being displayed by confidence level, not frequency width.
- Fixed Outline to no longer require a 1 minute duration to be displayed after moving time frame or changing sessions.
- Fixed timespan tail/head issues.
- Fixed Hidden SSID issue.
- Click on Checkboxes in the Networks Tab could cause System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index must be within the bounds of the List. at MetaGeek.Controller.WifiGraphController. ()
Firmware Version 0201
- DBx firmware – Fixes an issue with amplitude calibration for the 5GHz band
- Added the new communication method for the next generation of Wi-Spy 900x
- System Exception: The type initializer for ‘MetaGeek.Model.Wifi.WifiDeviceMonitorFactory’ threw an exception. Wi-Fi service was not running during start-up/installation
- System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing local security policy was causing system error
- System Exception: “Delegate to an instance method cannot have null ‘this’”
- Network tab may not be available if no WNIC was running/connected at the time Chanalyzer was started. Possible “InvalidOperationException” would be displayed
- “Color By” setting in Density View context menu isn’t remembered
- Miscellaneous bugs fixes
- Added additional Signatures
- Changed from Text to Icon’s for better button representation on Density view (included mouse over text for description)
- Added “Color by Utilization” button in Density view (Icon representation is a % )
- Moved “Color Density” and “Outline Colors” sections from File -> Preferences to the Density view (arrows next to buttons)
- Changed Density view buttons from Text to icons
- Outline view is now turned off on initial start-up
- When loading a large recording we now start the playback before the entire recording is loaded
- Auto Check box has been removed
- Live recording data is no longer stored in both RAM and the database. It is all saved in the database freeing up RAM
- Database optimization so recordings are significantly smaller (Older recordings will be renamed to .wsx.original and converted on first opening. Depending on size it may take some time to open the first time.)
- Sort order on Channels table now updates continually per the sort selection
- Minor graphical changes to time display on Waterfall and Waterfall navigation view
- Minor graphical change to the line graph on Networks graph