Chanalyzer Pro Release Notes
- Added new DBx firmware (ver. 0201) that contains updates for better Visiwave site survey integration. Upon updating the firmware, Windows may prompt you to restart your computer. It is not necessary to restart, you can just click “Restart Later” to dismiss this dialog.
SESSION FUNCTIONALITY UPDATES
- Start a new session by clicking on SESSIONS and then the CLONE ACTIVE SESSION button, which will use your current settings for the new instance.
- A SESSION recording will automatically be labeled with the frequency band you are monitoring. If you zoom into the DENSITY VIEW, a SESSION will be labeled with the frequency range.
- Edit SESSION names for both live and saved recordings by clicking the pencil icon within each session window.
- To change the settings of a Wi-Spy recording, click on WI-SPY in the menu bar instead of CONFIG.
- Added Network Filters to NETWORKS TABLE tab (Filter on SSID, Vendor, Channel, Network Type, and Security) to help users focus on just those networks they are interested in.
- To select a Wireless Card or Adapter, now click on WI-FI in the menu bar instead of WLAN ADAPTER. Once a Wi-Fi adapter is selected, it is saved as a persistent setting.
- In the DETAILS pane, the DEVICE FINDER tab is now visible by default, with the signal strength indicator line shown in green for better visibility.
- Added footer bar that displays the active Wi-Fi adapter and all connected Wi-Spy devices.
- Added an automatic Wi-Fi Scan interval that scans as fast as your wireless card will allow. This replaces the FILE / Preferences option from previous versions.
- Added the option to export the current session’s complete sweep data to a .csv file for further investigation.
- Added a “Would you like to save this capture before exiting Chanalyzer?” prompt upon exit of the application. This can be disabled both from within the prompt and from the FILE menu.
- Changed UI text and number color from green to gray.
- Updated the DETAILS pane tab icons.
- Overlapping signatures are now being displayed by confidence level, not frequency width.
- In the DETAILS pane, the Networks Table and Networks Graph tabs no longer will show an erroneous “0″ spike in RSSI values.
- Fixed the display of Bonded Channels in Channel Column and Density View.
- Fixed Session Manager recordings to be ordered chronologically in descending order sorted by End Time.
- Fixed Outline to no longer require a 1 minute duration to be displayed after moving time frame or changing sessions.
- Fixed timespan tail/head issues.
- Fixed Hidden SSID issue.
- Click on Checkboxes in the Networks Tab could cause System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index must be within the bounds of the List. at MetaGeek.Controller.WifiGraphController. ()
Firmware Version 0201
- DBx firmware – Fixes an issue with amplitude calibration for the 5GHz band
- Misc. Bug fixes
- Added the new communication method for the next generation of Wi-Spy 900x
- System Exception: The type initializer for ‘MetaGeek.Model.Wifi.WifiDeviceMonitorFactory’ threw an exception. Wi-Fi service was not running during start-up/installation
- System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing local security policy was causing system error
- Network tab may not be available if no WNIC was running/connected at the time Chanalyzer was started. Possible “InvalidOperationException” would be displayed
- “Color By” setting in Density View context menu isn’t remembered
- Fixed Networks Graph/Table when viewing a recording
- Fixed Channels and Networks table formatting when exporting a report
- Miscellaneous bugs fixes
- Exporting foreign characters were not represented correctly in reports
- Session Manager for navigating through configuration changes in a live or recorded session.
- Changed from Text to Icon’s for better button representation on Density view (included mouse over text for description)
- Added “Color by Utilization” button in Density view (Icon representation is a % )
- Moved “Color Density” and “Outline Colors” sections from File -> Preferences to the Density view (arrows next to buttons)
- Changed Density view buttons from Text to icons
- Renamed Duty Cycle to Utilization Link to explanation of Utilization What happend to my Duty Cycle?
- Moved Utilization Amplitude Threshold control into Utilization View Tab
- Added additional Signatures
- In the Navigation Waterfall the time-span lines change color if pause or fast-forward is selected.
- Outline view is now turned off on initial start-up
- When loading a large recording we now start the playback before the entire recording is loaded
- Auto Check box has been removed
- Live recording data is no longer stored in both RAM and the database. It is all saved in the database freeing up RAM
- Database optimization so recordings are significantly smaller (Older recordings will be renamed to .wsx.original and converted on first opening. Depending on size it may take some time to open the first time.)
- Sort order on Channels table now updates continually per the sort selection
- Minor graphical changes to time display on Waterfall and Waterfall navigation view
- Minor graphical change to the line graph on Networks graph