Eye P.A. Release Notes
- Transitioned to more a flexible and user-friendly licensing system
- Includes new software maintenance program called MetaCare
- The ANALYZE TAB allows you to select your network (or networks) to see channel observations and receive expert tips on improvements.
- Multiple AirPcap adapters are now supported, allowing users to capture several channels at the same time.
- When opening or capturing a file, a new Loading and Processing window allows for greater control.
- The FILE DETAILS section has been moved from VISUALIZE and PACKETS tabs to the new ANALYZE tab.
- Several crash bugs have been fixed.
- Copy content from Eye P.A. into your clipboard! ACTIVE SELECTION and FILE DETAILS will copy text within the tables. HISTOGRAM will copy the visual selection you’ve made as an image. After clicking the clipboard icon, paste the data into the application of your choice.
- Drag and drop new files into Eye P.A. to open a new file at any time
- When using filters, SSID’s will now autocomplete as you type into the filter bar.
- Eye P.A. will now remember any changes you make to the column order or visibility with both the ASSOCIATED DATA and PACKETS tables.
- Added New Sample files
- Added FILE NAME to the FILE DETAILS section
- Now your RECENT FILE list will remain persistent between opens or upgrade
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
New Filter Bar
– Filter packets for more flexibility in only see the data that you’re interested in, allowing for super quick “zoom into” problem areas. Also, select to display or hide invalid or malformed packets within the filter bar.
New Packet Viewer
- MAC Address
- Data Rate
- RSSI Value
– Integrated into the PACKET tab is our new Packet Viewer, eliminating the need to go back and forth between Wireshark and Eye P.A. Do all your packet analysis in one application. Right click on the column header to select what standard packet information you’d like to show.
New Workflow Design
– LEARN, START, VISUALIZE, PACKETS navigation condenses and groups together the steps of Packet Analysis for better customer use.
- Persistent treepie memory now maintains the same drill-down when you move the Adjustable Time Graph or apply filters.
- Adjustable Time Graph display updates to match any changes made to filters or treepie drill-downs.
- Added a “Would you like to save this capture before exiting Chanalyzer?” prompt upon exit of the application. This can be disabled both from within the prompt and from the FILE menu.
- Collapsible Sections within new Workflow screens.
- The title TIME has been changed to AIR TIME.
Eye P.A. now has the ability to capture live wireless data packets with a Riverbed AirPcap USB device. Simply connect an AirPcap to your computer and initiate the capture feature from within Eye P.A. in the FILE menu to create a .pcap file that opens immediately after completing the capture for quick analysis.
- To increase performance, we’ve visually condensed sections that are 1% or less of the displayed treepie view into a MISCELLANEOUS treepie slice. Packet information is still available in the Data Table.
- Added a link for SUPPORTED DEVICES in the HELP menu to help customers understand which devices are currently supported with the Live Capture feature.
- Fixed a minor parsing issue with ACK packets.
- MetaGeek designed and implemented a completely new parsing engine for .pcap files – now most files open 30% faster.
- Using new color swatches, individual frame types can be filtered out with our SUB-FRAME PACKET FILTERS option under VIEW menu more easily – filter menu colors now match the associated section of the treepie.
- Eye P.A. supports the new Wireshark file type – .pcapng.
- Eye P.A. also has experimental support for Microsoft® Network Monitor .cap and Comview® .ncf files. Currently, export to Wireshark will not work for these file types. Regardless, we wanted to give you the ability to do quick visual troubleshooting in Eye P.A. with those file types.
- If you’ve previously run a trial version of Eye P.A., we think you’re going to like the new changes – so we’ve written this download to allow you to have another 15-day trial. Check it out!
- HOTFIX 126.96.36.199: Fixes issue opening big endian file format.
- Displays both SSID and MAC address in the ACTIVE SELECTION window.
- Fixed sorting order for ASSOCIATED DATA TABLE on time frame adjustments.
- Fixed parsing for Hidden_xx:xx:xx SSID.
- Fixed (find name in app) .csv export where data may be displayed incorrectly.
- Renamed APPLICATION INFORMATION to LEGEND.